Today's message was really rebuking to me. It shows me how that the word of God is living and active. The Word confronts error and sin. Pastor Ed preached about walking to closely to sin. "Take heed, lest you fall." I really could identify with Samson. He was so strong in the Lord, however he was so easily lured away by the world. He was God's anointed, yet he wandered from God's will. Pastor Ed said something really interesting that struck within my heart, he had "Power without purity, strength without humility." Wow. How hard is it to find a man who has this healthy balance? The message reminded me that Sin is very enticing, and that even the best of us can fall into its trap. It reminded me to flee from sin and do not entertain it. But to lay aside every weight that is hindering me from my commitment to God. Pastor Ed also said, "Samson's strength lay not within his hair, or nazirite vow, but with his commitment to the Lord." I know what I need to do, however I am so weak. I can easily justify my sin ten thousand ways, and can be easily be blinded. How stubborn I can be. For grace Lord, I need it.


Leave a Reply