Psalm 90:12
So teach us to number our days, that we may present to You a heart of wisdom

Today's sermon was from Pastor Boy from the Philippines. Seeing Pastors from the Philippines really blesses my soul. I am always reminded how I need to show hospitality to them because of the great love that has been shown to me when I went. They truly labor in the Lord while receiving little. It is a rebuke and encouragement to see how faithful our brothers are. Life is hard, ministry is hard. The Lord never said that things would be easy, but "through sufferings and tribulations we must enter the Kingdom of God." What is it that overcomes the world? It is our faith, believing the promises of Him who is called Faithful.

For some reason, I have going through spiritual depression. Just seeing the weight of my sin, how proud I can become, and my many failures make me feel so unworthy before God. It is amazing that man can see outward appearances, but the Lord looks at the heart. He sees my every thought, every evil inclination that goes through me. How my heart is so prone to wander to so many idols. "Do not love the world, nor things in the world. For if anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the boastful pride of life is not from the Father, but is from the world." I need to see the glory of Jesus Christ and His gospel again and again and again....it is the only place where I attain peace from all my worries, struggles, failures. It is so easy to become cold towards God.

A Great Truth that blessed me today: God is Eternal and I am just a passing by, will I bring glory to the One that is already and forever glorious in my lifetime?

So Lord, teach me to number my days, that I may present to you a heart of wisdom.


Leave a Reply