Free books are great! I downloaded Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life and it was a huge blessing! Listening to that while pumping iron at the gym kills two birds with one stone! I was already fired up to read the Bible again, Meditate, and Pray. It showed me how important the word of God is to a believers soul, how the Bible only reaches the heart through meditation, and an effective prayer life can come when we just DO IT! We also need to pray God's Word and His thoughts, conforming our will to His. The goal of the disciplines is Christ-likeness. I need to see that this is who I am going to become and conform to. Godliness is the goal. All great saints were disciplined men. IF Jesus, knew God's Word, how much more do I. If Jesus, spent time with the Father, how much do I. If Jesus meditated, how much more do I. If Jesus was disciplined, how much more do I need to be disciplined. One effective tactic I learned in prayer is that KNOWING that GOD HEARS. Too many times we do not pray because we think that God is not going to answer. However, God sometimes answer in ways we do not expect. Today, I just spent the day reading Anselm's Cur Deus Homo, Why the God-man? It took me almost all day! I began at 11:00 and ended around 3. Lord, teach me to pray and apply your word.


Leave a Reply