I got the opportunity to stay with Ed and Lilia Soledad this week because their family is out of town and they needed someone to watch them. It has been like a little mini retreat to me. We wake up, pray, eat breakfast, read our bibles, pray, eat lunch, read our bibles, and share our faith with one another. I love it!! The Soledad's house reminds me of a monastery where I can read books all day and pray and talk to tita Lilia about my future dreams in honoring the Lord.

I am so blessed by this woman's life. She is a godly humble servant who was one of the church planters of CFBC in her jewelry store. She is also a missionary and has planted the Amazing Grace churches. Just observing her life while I was with her really blesses me. Here are some insights I got:

1. Be Prayerful
Tita Lilia is always prayerful of whatever she does. Whether its reading her Bible, eating breakfast or even going out to run errands, she is soaked in prayer.

2. Love God's Word
She showed me her lesson plans and they are SYSTEMATIC THEOLOGY notes from the BIBLE ALONE. She does not rely on commentaries, but on the Holy Spirit to reveal new truths to her in the sufficient and inerrant word.

3. Dream Big
We were talking about maybe the possibility of starting an orphanage and Christian school in the philippines. It only cost $10,000 to get a school building up on that beautiful island they steward for the Lord. That's only the cost of one year of my Talbot Tuition!! Lord, do great things!!

4. Lean not on your own understanding.
Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight.

5. Let the Lord instruct me.
Psalm 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.

6. Be Patient
Wait upon the Lord to renew my strength and lead me. Isaiah 40:31

7. Again, Be prayerful
Prayer shows your dependence on God. And I see it the life of Tita Lilia. She sees God's providence in all things. It is so encouraging. She definitely encouraged my faith this week.


Leave a Reply