During my devotional, I was reminded that God is faithful. God had promised Abraham to make his name a blessing to all nations and to grant him offspring as great as the stars in the heaven. However, Abraham wavered in his faith before God. God promised Abraham a Son, and Abraham was becoming unsure of God's promise as he grew older. When Sarah started doubting, she asked Abraham to sleep with Hagar. So Abraham agreed. And Ishmael was born and Hagar was neglected.

We all know the story. God did come through with his promises. Sarah eventually became pregnant and had a child named Isaac. I was reminded that I should not doubt God's goodness and promises. Whatever God says, he will do; even if it does not make sense to us. More than that, God's promises is not ultimately depended on our faithfulness, but his faithfulness and character.

What promises can I believe now that seem hard to believe? God works out everything for good on our behalf, even the evil I have suffered. God promises to raise me from the dead because of Jesus Christ's Resurrection. God promises to present me blameless and above reproach and holy because of the death of Jesus Christ and his reconciling work. God promises to give me strength in weakness.

God, overcome my unbelief. Help me believe your promises and that you are good. In Jesus Name, Amen.


Leave a Reply