I am amazed with all the blessings that Christ has purchased for me. I have a right standing with God because Christ lives on my behalf. I am a child of God because of Christ. I have access to the God the Father through the Holy Spirit. I dread no condemnation because Christ was condemned for me. I fear no shame because Christ was shamefully treated at Calvary. I fear no guilt because the penalty of sin was dealt with at the cross. I am a heir of God because Jesus was made like his brothers in every way, yet without sin. AMAZING GRACE!

I've been realizing what A FOOL I have been by trying to fight sin in my own strength rather then to surrender to Christ. You cannot fight sin by your own will power, or what Paul calls the flesh. It is impossible because you are trusting in your own self to deliver you from the power of the law. Only in Christ is there freedom because we do not have to earn our salvation. I am already unconditionally loved by Christ and accepted by God the Father because of Christ work on my behalf.

It is really important to understand justification. Faith in God's righteousness always precedes my personal righteousness and sanctification. I have been learning that what you believe about God is really important. Do I believe that I am unconditially loved despite my sin? Do I believe that God accepts me by the merits of Christ alone? Am I trying to gain acceptance with God through my personal holiness, bible study, prayer, meditation? Or Do I believe that God calls me His beloved already because of the gospel: the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ?

Good works will come from BELIEVING RIGHT THINGS ABOUT GOD FIRST! Alex, believe the precious promises of God! "His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, by which he has granted to us his pprecious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire" (2 Peter 1:3-5)

I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose. Galatians 2:20-21


Leave a Reply