Romans 12:4-8
For as one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another. Having gifts taht differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them; if prophecy, in proportion to our faith; if service, in our serving; the one who teaches, in his teaching; the one who exhorts, in his exhortation; the one who contibutes, in generositiy; the one who lead, with zeal; the one who does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness.

There is no such thing as a "Super-Christian." The only super Christian who had all the gifts was Jesus, who was God.

For me, I was called into one body with specific gifting. I cannot do everything. It will cause burn out. Here are some important questions I need to think about before considering my calling:

1. Is there a desire for me to preach the pure word of God?
2. Does the community of God affirm this gift?
3. Is this something I cannot live without doing?

Everything is still unclear to me right now. I am young and inexperienced. I am not mature and do not have enough life experiences to minister to my full capacities.

What do I love to do??

a. Teaching
I love teaching. I love teaching Sunday School classes in Apologetics, Bible, Theology, and Philosophy. I love interaction with students to get them thinking deeply of why they believe what they believe.

b. Studying
I find joy in reading. I love books. To love God, you must have to know Him. You have to know his likes and dislikes, his passion and his hatred for sin. You must think right thoughts about God for you to honor him. I can spend all day reading my Bible, books in Theology, Philosophy, and whatever interests are at the moment.

c. Preaching??
Not so sure. It takes a lot of work to be a deep preacher. You have to be immersed in prayer, be captivated by God's Word, transformed by it, and share it with others. I don't know, preaching is a high calling as you stand as a herald of God to correct, rebuke, reproof, and encouraged with the Word of God.

d. Defending (Jude 1:3, 2 Corinthians 10:3-5)
Ideas have consequences. You are what you believe. A godless generation is rising because they do not know how to discern good from evil. They do not know how to critique false beliefs and gain true wisdom and understanding. I want every thought of my to be taken captive to the Word of God and obedience of Christ.

e. Shepherding??
I have failed many times in this area. I lack empathy and compassion at times. I sin by not listening to people. I fail to be sensitive. I need God's grace in this area of my life.

What now?
Right now, God is working even though everything is unclear to me. I know God has great things in store for me in the future. I just need to be faithful and have an enduring Spirit. God has me at the pefect place at the perfect timing. I am a student who gets to study philosophy and theology at seminary. I am also a teacher who gets to teach friday bible studies, sunday school, small groups, prayer meetings, and local outreaches.

Father,

Help me use the gifts you have given me for the edification of your church for the glory of your name. When praise comes to me, let it always be directed to the cross of calvary. To God be the glory both now and forevermore. Amen.


Leave a Reply