Summer school has started and I am taking Theology I, which is Doctrine of the Word and Doctrine of God. I was so amazed to see how incomprehensible, mind-blowing, and awesome God is. I was worshipping in class and was seeing what a privelege for me to studying theology. I learned again that the creation of the University was to train Christian men in practice and godliness. University comes from two words, Unity and Diversity. What united all the different disciplines (i.e. biology, physics, cosmology, anthropology, philosophy) was Theology, which was the highest discipline one could study in the University. Today, the university system has a completely different mindset of how to train people. Today, people can be an expert in a specific field, without having character and being "empty" inside. Earlier universities promoted not just knowledge, but wisdom, teaching people how to live life. Studying theology is so important because it is "training in godliness." Sound Doctrine and Teaching is suppose to lead people to godliness, not just give them intellectual assent. How I need to take doctrine seriously.

The irony of study theology is that the petri dish is the one studying the Scientist. The only way the petri dish can study the Scientist is if the Scientist reveals himself. And that is what exactly God did, "And the Word became Flesh."

I also learned today that everything we do must be in the Trinitarian model. To know God the Father, we must know Christ the Son. To know the Son, the Holy Spirit must illumine our hearts to see the beauty of Christ. So Christ is next to us, the Holy Spirit is in us, and we worship the Father who is above us. WOW! Praise the LORD!

God, teach me to be like you! Your thoughts are too wonderful too me to conceive! Thank you for revealing yourself in Your Son by Your Spirit. Thank you for the privelege of getting to know you deeper. Thank you for being a seeking God when I did not seek you (Luke 19:10). In Jesus Name, Amen.


Leave a Reply