I do not need anything except Christ. It's when the gospel becomes theoretical and my heart becomes cold, dull, and calloused when I start seeking for lesser things. Sin is so enticing and deceptive. Why does it seem so pleasurable at times? I think it's because I do not have a healthy theology of suffering and the cross. I want short term gratification rather than suffer in obedience. But when I give in to whatever sin, it ALWAYS leaves me empty and wanting more. It's so crazy to see that the Christian life is one of growth, sometimes very painful. I do not like my sin and hypocrisy, I hate it. I want to be completely obedient to the Lord and lay down my life for him. However, Peter said the same exact thing and left the Lord. Peter was very sincere, but sincerely wrong. He trusted in himself. Only Jesus can transform a sinner like me. Only Jesus can give me strength.

Lord, as you prayed for Peter's faith not to fail, please pray for me as well. I think I can do things apart from you, but the curve balls of life show me otherwise. Would you keep me? Would you use me? Would you become more real to me? You desire truth in the innermost parts. Search me and know my heart, see if there is any wicked way in me.

In Jesus Name, Amen.


Leave a Reply