"The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, You will not despise." Psalm 51:17

I mess up so many times. I hate living a life of hypocrisy. I still feel the war that goes on within my soul everyday between the flesh and the Spirit of God. It is so easy to fall into unbelief and believe the lies of the devil. And when you sin, the devil immeditately comes to accuse you night and day, "Look at you, your abusing the grace of God", or "how can you lead people when you are so sinful," "You are living a double life", "God will not use you because of your sin, you need to be holy and blameless." This is how Christians fall into despair. This is how I fall into depression and do not want to serve God anymore because of my sin.

But how foolish of me to look to myself rather than Christ to cleanse me. "For the righteous falls seven times and rises again" (Proverbs 24:16). There really is a spiritual war going on everyday. We do not wrestle with flesh and blood, but with the spiritual forces of darkness (Eph 6). When Satan comes and tells me all these things, I need to say, "You are right, I am guilty. I am unworthy. But I have an advocate with the Father. I have One who has satisfied the wrath of God on my behalf. In other words, I have the risen Savior who stands on behalf of my failures and shortcomings. God can accept my failures because Christ did not fail. Christ can take my sins that I commit because he died on the cross for me. Flee from me Satan in Jesus Name!"

Father in Heaven,
Forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.

By the grace and blood of Jesus, make me righteous,
Amen


Leave a Reply