I learned today how much I need to be in the Word. The Word is what sanctifies me and conforms me to the image of Christ as I behold the glory of the Savior. I was also reminded that I need to spend much Secret Time with the Lord. My passion for God on Sunday will show how passionate I was during the week. If I am only passionate about God on Sunday, I will end up living a double life, which is hypocrisy. Professor Saucy also said that WORSHIP will keep us from sin. This is so true. Sin blinds so that we end up desiring trash rather than infinite treasures of delight in God.

How can I be a better worshipper of God?

1. Listen to Music that exalts Him
2. Spend time in Secret with Him
3. Ask Him to open my heart to receive His Word
4. Acknowledge my emotions before Him and not suppress them.
5. Embrace the Cross as the sufficient and display of God's grace to me a sinner.
6. Ask things from God boldly because Christ has purchased my acceptance before Him.


Leave a Reply