Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked,
Nor stand in the way of sinners,
Nor sits in the seat of scoffers,
But his delight is in the Law of the Lord,
And on his law he meditates day and night.

I have been neglecting my meditation time because of the busy-ness of life. School and Ministry have crowded out my prayer time and personal bible study. But I am realizing that meditation on the Word of God is essential to my spiritual growth and spiritual health. I have already seen the fruits of my past meditations, how much more do I need to seek after an infinite eternal God that I will never figure out? God, grant me a desire for Your Word. Your Word keeps me from sin, keeps me close to the Savior, and gives me wisdom that no human philosophy can destroy, for the knowledge of God's mystery is Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. Help me become a doer of the Word, and experience the reality of your unchanging truth.

Father, what are you calling me to do? How do you want me to apply your Word? What areas have you opened to practice mercy, kindness, justice? Grant me wisdom.

In Jesus Name, Amen.


Leave a Reply