Leviticus is one of the hardest books of the Bible to read devotionally, but I am actually enjoying it. The main theme I see in this book is that God is holy and his people are suppose to be holy. I am reminded of the bloody sacrifices that took place in front of the tent of the meeting. The animals were slaughtered in front of the congregation and burned up before the Lord as an pleasing aroma. God would not allow anything unholy or undefiled touch his presence. His wrath would consume the people if they did not present the sacrifice of atonement. Moreover, the priests needed to be consecrated properly before the Lord. Aaron's sons even died because they did not revere the Lord. I am reminded once again how I need to live a holy life, and that is only possible through the blood of the true lamb of God, Jesus Christ. I can enter God's holy presence because the blood of Jesus has made a way for me. Sanctify me completely Lord, body, soul, and mind. In Jesus Name, Amen.


Leave a Reply