1. Love the Family of God

"Do not rebuke an older man but encourage him as you would a father, younger men as brothers, older women as mothers, younger women as sisters, in all purity" 1 Tim. 5:1-2

God has given me countless mothers, fathers, sisters, and brothers at CFBC. I need to love them and honor them and provide for them.

2. Love my family

"But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially the members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever" 1 Tim 5:8

My Christian testimony should not be inconsistent. Who I am at home, should be who I am at church, work, and school. I should care for my brother, mother, and father.

3. Love my Pastor

"Let the elders who rule well be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in preaching and teaching" 1 Tim. 5:17

I need to honor Pastor Ed. I need to encourage him and thank him for "ruling well." How can I honor him better in a way that glorifies God?

4. Love my Boss

"Those who have believing masters must not be disrespectful on the ground that they are brothers; rather they must serve all the better since those who benefit by their good service are believers and beloved" 1 Tim 6: 2

I need to go above and beyond at the workplace, especially because my bosses are believers. I should do everything to promote the well being of the businesses I work at. I should be a blessing to my employers, not a burden.

5. Love Contentment

"Now there is great gain in godliness with contentment, for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world." 1 Tim 6:6-7

Love simplicity. Do I really need to be rich to be happy? Do I need a better car? Do I need to have a bigger house? I am already rich in Christ. I do NEED some more BOOKS though. I can live in a sleeping bag as long as I have my books!

6. Love righteousness and the Faith

"But as for you, O man of God. Flee these things. Pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness, gentleness. Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called and about which you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses." 1 tim 6:12-13

RUN! RUN! RUN! RUN FROM SIN!! RUN! RUN! RUN! RUN TO RIGHTEOUSNESS, GODLINESS, FAITH, LOVE, STEADFASTNESS, GENTLENESS!! Defend the faith through my studies at seminary and live an exemplary life!


Leave a Reply