I've been so thankful these past weeks and reflecting on how God's love of me is relentless and persistently divine. God sees all my wickedness, darkness, shame; yet He still pursues me. My greatest confidence of His pursuit of me is in Jesus Christ. God sent His Son into the world to become my curse, shame, guilty, darkness, wickedness, sin, and wrath bearer. I have new life now because my old self was nailed to the cross with Christ and I have been raised with Christ by the power of His resurrection. I love that old hymn, "When Jesus is my portion...a constant friend is He...His eye is on the sparrow, and I know that He watches me...I sing because I'm happy, I sing because I'm free"

Lord Jesus,
I love you. I thank you that you love me despite my failures and shortcomings. You captivate my heart. Even when I stray from you, you will not let your sheep go. I'm so sorry for messing up so many times. Your love is amazing. Lord Jesus, you are my portion. Whom do I have in heaven besides thee? Transform me by your divine love. In your precious name, Amen.


Leave a Reply