It is interesting to see that the work of the tabernacle was to be done with excellence and precision. Everything in it, from the consecration of the priests, to the building of the altars, to the small details of purification showed that God is holy. Moreover, the Lord gave intelligence and wisdom to people constructing the tabernacle. So here I saw that its really not by wisdom that the work of the Lord is accomplished, but by the Spirit of the Living God. I was also blessed to see that God speaks. He speaks to Moses and to the children of Israel.

Another obersvation I saw was that the children of Israel took the Sabbath seriously. If anyone violated the sabbath, they were put to death (exodus 31:15). God takes his commandments seriously and the people of Israel were to take the commandments seriously. They were to show that they were God's chosen people.

Application:
I should be diligent to observe the commands of the Lord for my good and joy and for his glory. I should take the command to rest seriously. But my final rest is in Christ, who cried out on the cross, "It is finished" who showed that the true temple of God was Christ himself.


Leave a Reply