Mark 1:35
And rising early in the morning, while it was still dark, he departed and and went out to desolate place, and there he prayed.

I am learning how it is important in my ministry to retreat from ministry. When I am not happy in God, ministry becomes duty and I become weak. But when I am happy in God, in my alone time with him, I find strength to declare his marvelous grace. The Lord ministers to my heart first before I can minister to others. Learning to say "no" is such an important lesson for all ministry leaders to learn. People can be demanding, emotionally draining, and your own sin creeping at the door to take you in your weakest moments. I need to be alone with God to remind myself of his forgiving grace and the death of his Son on my behalf and the power of his resurrection who is the One who lives and interecedes on my behalf. God has to fill me with His Holy Spirit.

Father,
Forgive me for grieving your Spirit. Forgive me for my failures as a leader. Forgive me for not looking to you to be my strength. Thank you for your unfailing love and your faithfulness. Remind me that I am loved by you despite my shortcomings because you sent your Son to be the propitiation for my sins. You command my sins and guilt to be washed away by the blood of your precious Son. Thank you for the gospel.

In Jesus name,
Amen


Leave a Reply