"Now in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver but also of wood and clay, some for honorable use, some for dishonorable. Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from what is dishonorable, he will be a vessel for honorable use, set apart as holy, useful to the master of the house, ready for every good work." 2 Timothy 2:20-21

I want to be an honorable vessel used by the Lord. If I want to be the Lord's instrument, I have to seek holiness, righteousness, and purity. I think one of the Devil's lies is that he wants me to settle for mediocrity and the normal American Dream of comfort; rather than radical servanthood that lays down my life for the gospel. I KNOW God has great things in store, but I must constantly fight the temptation to settle for comfort and make lesser things ultimate things. I need to resolve to fight the good fight of faith and to flee youthful passions and pursue rightousness, faith, love, and peace (2 Timothy 2:22). I have seen so many in the church settle for a cold lukewarm faith. Their Christian life is so boring, rather than exciting. They think that all Christianity is just a sunday event rather than reaching the NATIONS with the GOSPEL of God. They think its about personal comfort, rather than cross bearing sacrificial love. I DON"T WANT TO LIVE A LIFE OF COMPLACENCY! I DON'T WANT TO WASTE MY LIFE!

Father in Heaven,
Keep me from distractions. Keep me from sin. Keep me from foolishness. Not to us, but to your name be the glory. Help me be obedient to your will and grant me patience to fight the good fight of faith. As I wait for you, strengthen me and keep me from temptation and the Evil one. I want to be set apart and used by you. Give me a theology of beauty: that your are the most beautiful being that has ever crossed my mind. Help me see that your glorious, magnificent, all powerful, awesome, and wise beyond measure. Grant me to be faithful by your grace. Help me not settle for less, but strive to obtain excellence.

In Jesus Name,
Amen.


One Comment