"Let Him who boasts, Boasts in the Lord"


I was reading 1 Corinthians this morning and was reminded once again that I cannot boast about anything because it is God's doing that I am in Christ Jesus. How are you to be humble? Remember that I deserve nothing except judgment, yet Christ has come to die and rise again on my behalf and bestow His Spirit upon me. Moreover, Christ has given me spiritual gifts for equipping and serving the saints. Each has his own gift and measure of faith according to what God has given. The message of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, and I should weep over people who do not see this message of glory. The time is short, and I need to be completely devoted to the Lord and His kingdom.

As I have been doing my devotions, I also see that Paul is radically Spirit centered. Paul wants to preach in the power of the Spirit. He wants to train people to discern by the Spirit. It is also by the Spirit that we put to death sin. It is by the Spirit that we obey. I need to learn how to walk in the Spirit and obey. The Spirit is God as much as Jesus is God.


Leave a Reply