"Not my will, but your will be done"

I have been truly thankful for what God has been doing in my life. I want so many things that I can think that will satisfy my soul, but God does not grant those things to me because He knows that I may make those things ultimate. I know God is not granting certain desires of mine because He is sanctifying me, drawing me near to Him to a greater need of His Son. I have been trained to seek broken cisterns my whole life, and I still struggle thinking that these things will satisfy, but the Heavenly Father is removing those things in my life to make me drink deep of the wells of living water. O Christ, my sufficiency. Make the true in my heart. It is painful what God takes away, but I know that He has a good reason for it...because he is Good. A loving Heavenly Father gives good and perfect gifts to His children. Abba, your my Abba now because you have sent your Son into the world to make me your son by adoption. I am redeemed by your blood, justified in your Son, no condemnation I dread. Help me live out this glorious heavenly calling.


Leave a Reply