I am writing to you, little children,
because r your sins are forgiven for his name's sake.
13 I am writing to you, fathers,
because you know s him who is from the beginning.
I am writing to you, young men,
because t you have overcome the evil one.
I write to you, children,
because u you know the Father.
14 I write to you, fathers,
because you know s him who is from the beginning.
I write to you, young men,
because t you are strong,
and the word of God abides in you,
and you have overcome the evil one.

I have been reading some articles for my Spiritual Formation class and came across some interesting insights. Why does God feel so far away sometimes even when we seek Him and pray? What I learned is that God is at work even at times that you feel distant from Him. He is most near because He is wanting you to grow into a greater level of spiritual maturity. When we first get converted, we are in love with God. As our walk progresses, God takes away the spiritual baby bottle and starts teaching us that we need to grow up and believe Him by faith even when we do not feel his presence. God is teaching us that we need to love Him for who He is, not just for His benefits that he gives us. Moreover, he teaches us to wait upon Him and be patient with whatever He is leading too. Praise God for my spiritual formation class.


Leave a Reply