Everyone has a life story according to my readings in Foundations of Spiritual Formation. Well, lets see how God has been providentally working in my life.


Heritage
1. How have my parents or primary caregivers influenced me?
I love my mom. She is a hard worker. My brother use to go to church in his high school days, and he did share about Jesus from what I remember. My dad was always more of a friend than a dad.

2. Whom did my nuclear family consist of?
Mom, Dad, Anson

3. What was the general atmosphere in my home as I grew up?
Raised by a single mother. Mom was always at work, Dad would always buy me stuff when I hung out with him. Divorce really ruins families.

4.How have my ethnicity and culture played an important role in my life?
Being born in America, I am heavily influenced and shaped by american culture.

5. How has geographical factors influenced me?
I love california. I love the weather. I love the beach.

Heroes
1. Who has influenced me for good? How did they specifically do so?
Jesus Christ-because everyone else has flaws, everyone else is a ultimately a reflection of his beauty. He showed me what love is. He showed me that there will be a friend who will always be there. He taught me that there is meaning in life. He helps overcomes my fears. He shows me that I have purpose here. He loved me when I hated him and ignored him. He forgave me. He gave me a new life and a new family. I have hope in this dark world.

PJ Tibayan-Lived an authentic Christian life and discipled me early in my walk. I admire his genuine love and care for people.

Pastor Alex-Faithful to the Word of God.

2. After whom would I like to model my life? Why?
Jesus! Because His character is the essence of perfection! Moreover, He is love.

3. Who shaped my character or directions in life?
Jesus. Church family. The Word.

High Times
1. What accomplishments have brought me fulfillment or special recognition? How? Why?
Turning professional in the paintball world was a big deal. Magazines, free gear, free travel, the praise of man, a mask that covered all my insecurities of a lost soul.

2.What events or people have brought me great joy?
I cannot deny that my paintball friends have brought me joy. They were a blessing in my life and we shared a common interest. Now the church brings me joy. I can picture little Avi and Bea in my sunday school class. Grandma, who always ask me if I'm hungry. PJ, just a faithful man of God. Uncle Louie for being a "wussie gangster" for Jesus. Many more, but most importantly, Jesus. Renew my passion Lord.

3. At what points in my life did I feel particularly good about life? Why?
Before my conversion, when everyone was loving me because of my paintball skills. The stupid things I would do with my friends and the laughs we shared. When I had a girlfriend, had someone to talk to and hang out with.
After my conversion, knowing that I have been called to a holy life. That I have meaning and purpose in life. That only a infinite God can satisfy this finite heart.

4. When have I made my greatest contributions to life or others? How?
Hmmm? I don't know...only God knows my motives and heaven will reveal the true motives of my heart...I hope I did it for God

Hard times?
1. What incidents in my life are hard to talk about with others? Why?
My broken family. There is so much pain and hurt that has not been dealt with. Only Jesus can solve this problem.

2. Who or what has been a source of pain in my life?
Only one person comes to mind right now, but I will not say. Because of my relationship towards this person, and how this person has affected other people I love.

3.Toward whom do I harbor anger or birtterness? Whom do I struggle to forgive.
The Lord knows.

4. What has brought me great disappointment? Why?
Me. I struggle with knowing my sinfulness. People, because of their sinfulness.

5. Through what injsutices had I had to suffer?
Some people stealing from me. People who told me I would amount to nothing. People who tell me what I am doing in life is not worthwile. Pain of a broken family.

General Questions
1. What do I want to do with life?
Remember the Lord in my days of youth. To know the real presence of God. To finally rest in Jesus and I WISH i would stop looking to broken cisterns when I know in my head that Christ is the only person who can satisfy me.

2. Plans for the future.
I love theology and philosophy. I plan to pursue more education, maybe a wife someday Lord willing. The danger is finding my identity in education, rather than Christ.


Leave a Reply