I am so scared, I do not know what is going to happen tomorrow. Preparing to preach has been an emotional roller coaster for me this week. I have been praying throughout the week that I would rest in Christ. Out of all weeks, I was assigned to preach before my finals week with all the papers and exams. However, I spent most of my time thinking and chewing on my text. I spent all day today preparing my manuscript, but I do not think I will use it tomorrow..because I want to speak from my heart. I'm really nervous and excited at the same time to see what God is going to do tomorrow. I find my comfort in this, that God will be exalted no matter what. God uses even the wicked to exalt Him. For he says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy" and "I will have compassion on whom I have compassion."

Father in Heaven,

I am so nervous. I am actually trembling. I am scared and fearful because of my indwelling sin. You have called me to do a holy task, and I feel so unworthy. Please help me look to Christ, not myself. Please help me to be faithful to Your Word. Help Me trust in the power of your Word. Help me Exalt the Risen Savior. Help me make the people say, "What a Marvelous Saviour!" I pray that your Holy Spirit would give me the right words to use. Help me not rely on my own understanding, but acknwoledge you in all that I do, and you will make my paths straight. Lord, comfort me. Give me peace. I do not want to go up there if your presence will not go with me.

In Jesus Name,
Amen


Leave a Reply