Fear not, For I Am with You
Be Not Dismayed, For I Am Your God;
I will strengthen You, I will help You
I will uphold you by my righteous right hand (Isaiah 41:10)

I preached my first sermon this past sunday. I was terrified. I was scared. How can God use a sinner like me? Does he not know the things that go on within my evil heart? I hate my sin. But I look to the Savior. I look to the One interceding on my behalf. I was so anxious. I didn't know what was going to happen. But during the time, God's grace was sufficient for the task. All I wanted to do on the pulpit was to exalt Christ (Phil. 1:21). I just wanted to shift the focus from humans, to look at Christ and him crucified again. This should be the philosophy of my ministry: to exalt Christ and make him known. God came through by the prayers of the church and me being on my knees throughout the whole week. Before I walked onto the pulpit, I was tellling myself, "Someone is already there. The Holy Spirit is the true minister of the Pulpit." This really comforted me that I am just a vessel. The pulpit belongs to the Holy Spirit. I just have to be faithful to the text and trust God to work on the hearts of people.

I see the danger of pride though...it can be settle. O how I need to be aware of this evil and cast it away in Jesus name. The kind remarks of people can really puff you up in pride. Another princple I should learn from is to deflect attention from myself, to the Savior. Jesus, help me do this! May lal the glamor, fame, and exaltation be directed towards you! Who am I compared to your infinite worth. Impress upon my mind your inifinte worth. Help me see that YOU ARE A BIG GOD, not a small god that is made in our own image!

Thanks for coming through, like you always do. Thank you for your faithfulness. Forgive me for my weak faith Lord. Please take my weakness and display your strength. Take my loaves and multiply them. Help me be a humble servant to you. Help me be found in you, not having a righteousness of my own, but a rightheousness of Christ. In Jesus Name, Amen.


Leave a Reply