Day 3


Woke up early in the morning and went with Pastor Art to a province north of Manila. Pastor Art taught a three hour counseling class. The people were warm and receptive. We then had lunch with Pastor John and proceeded home. I got to talk to my lovely fiance on skype and then proceeded to Robinsons where we met Pastor Luis, Joshua, and Dan to eat Chinese food.

Day 4

Woke up early and went to a Senior's Ministry. Pastor Art made me preach on the spot!But I preached the gospel (1 Cor. 15:1-10). After the meeting was over, we went upstairs and talked to some slum kids who were detained for stealing. My heart was breaking for them because one six year old girl had no shoes and steals because of the poverty in the Philippines. My heart was breaking for them and I really wanted to buy them shoes. Afterwards, we took a two hour car ride to Antipolo where Center for Biblical Studies was located. It was raining hard today and it was type 1 Typhoon (which is not so bad). Ate Cookie greeted us when we got there and showed us the library. The students were fascinated to see a foreigner visit (BTW: Cookie is Pastor Art's Sister and "Tita Ritz" in the Philippines for CBS). 3pm came and Pastor Leo was going to teach apologetics. However, when he found out that it was my field, he insisted that I teach his 3rd year class. I was rushing and scattered because I was trying to teach them everything in one hour sitting. I gave some the students Piper books and they were leaping for joy. We proceeded to the faculty lounge where we had fellowship with Cookie and Pastor Leo. We ate shakeys pizza. Cookie and I were discussing possible opportunities in the future to teach at CBS. Need to pray about it. We then left CBS and went to Pasig where Pastor Art played basketball with the other pastors. I read J.I. Packer's Keeping in Step with the Spirit. Packer argued that the main ministry of the Holy Spirit is to mediate the presence of the living Christ to a believer. As I was reading, I got stung by a lot of mosquitos because it was really humid. Long day. Tired. But God is good. I am a sinner, but the Spirit is still working in me. I really miss Helen.


Leave a Reply