Matthew 4:17 "From that time Jesus began to preach, "Repent, for the kingdom of Heaven is at hand."


Matthew 7:11 "If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!"

Matthew 9:12-14 "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. Go and learn what this means, I desire mercy, and not sacrifice.' For I came not to call the righteous, but sinners."

Matthew 9:37
Then he said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest."

Everyday, the Scriptures seem brand new to me. To be honest, I do not know what I am doing and where I am going. I just know I want to follow Jesus and treasure Him. I feel the pull of sin in my heart to treasure other things rather than Christ. But these passages spoke to my heart this morning:

1. In Jesus Preaching ministry, he emphasized the need for repentance. Why? Because the kingdom of God is at hand. In other words, in the person of Christ, he has and will inaugurate God's kingdom where He will reign and put down all the wicked and unbelieving. I must preach to others here to "Repent" and believe the good news of Christ.

2. God wants me to ask good things. I want to treasure Christ in my mind, but my heart pulls me towards different directions of sin, worldliness, and temptation. God help me treasure you because I know in my heart I don't. I'm asking honestly to help me turn my eyes away from worthless things that distract me from seeing your glory in everything and all that I do. You promised to answer this prayer. Give me a heart that treasures and magnifies Christ.

3. Jesus comes to call sinners to repentance. This is good news for me because I am desperately wicked. I am glad that my Lord is aware of my shortcomings and failures, yet He comes to save, redeem, and renew sinners.

4. There are few following Christ today. God is telling me to pray for more workers in the harvest field. I pray that I would be a humble servant and obedient servant and willing servant that I may proceed into God's harvest field.

Father in Heaven,

Do for me what I cannot do for myself. Help me follow your will and make your will clear to my life and stay out here in the Philippines.

In Jesus Name,
Amen


Leave a Reply