What does it mean to "set my mind on things that are above, not on things that are on earth?" I think that this means that I should not be concerned with earthly pursuits as the final end: degrees, a comfortable house, a comfotable life, tithe 2 % of my income, go to church, never make disicples, invest in programs instead of people. This is the mind set on earth and O HOW I NEED TO FIGHT THIS TYPE OF THINKING.

The New Testament presents a radical, cross-bearing, sacrifical, God-glorifying, Christ-exalting life. How can I live radically for Jesus? Give my time, education, money, life, as unto the Lord.

A. Time
This means I need to be devoted to the things of the Lord: Bible Reading, Prayer, Service, Worship, Relationships.

Not
Too much time on facebook, internet, email

B. Money
I need to give my firstfruits to the local church. I need to think about eternal investments: Beehive in Colombia, the kids in the Philippines, my personal family, Seminaries.

Not
Just my house, my comfort, my pleasures, eating out all the time, clothes, even my books.

C. Education
I need to use this for the service of the Lord. Philosophy is a tool to proclaim the excellencies of the Lord Jesus Christ. Philosophy is a tool to defend the faith (2 Cor. 10:3) Theology is a tool to serve the people of God. To help people understand the Word of God that there may be transformed into the likeness of Christ.

Not
Just to get the letters M.A. and P.H. D to my name. Not for my personal acclaim and reputation. Not for the praise of man.

D. Life
I need to be immersed in the love of Christ. Because of Christ's love for me, his atoning work on the the cross, his glorious Resurrection and Second Coming, I need to set my hope fully on the grace that is to be revealed when he comes, my inheritance, undefiled and unblemished. When I see Christ, I shall be like him. Romans 12:1-2, "I appeal to you brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to the Lord, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that by testing you may discern the will of God, what is good and acceptable and pleasing to God.

Not
Love Christ to make much of me. Christ has died that I can fall in lvoe with him, his resurrected Life. He died that I can bring him praise and glory because of his infinite great love towards me displaed at Calvary.


Lord Jesus,
I love you. Burn that fire once again. I fail so many times and I am so fragile. I am such a stupid sheep somtimes. I fail to listen to you because of my stubborn heart. Remind me and walk with me. "If you love me, you will keep my commandments" (John 14:15). Help me keep your commandments by seeing the beauty of your love.

TRUTH, GOODNESS, BEAUTY=Jesus Christ


Leave a Reply