I just finished doing my nighttime Bible reading. I have been reading the book of Jeremiah for the nights and completed 1, 2, and 3 John this morning. From my Old Testament readings, it is crazy to see how much suffering the Prophet Jeremiah had to endure. He kept prophesying that Babylon was going to come. His message was primarily of Judgment, and the people did not take it well. The false prophets were prophesying peace when God speaking through Jeremiah was prophesying Judgement. King Zedekiah got his eyes gouged out, his sons slaughtered before Him, and kingdom taken because He did not listen to the Prophet Jeremiah. However, even in Judgement, God protected Jeremiah because He trusted in his promises.


I'm trying to memorize the book of Colossians. I just need motivation to do this. I have a little bit, but I am growing:

Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and Timothy our brother,
To the saints and faithful brothers in Christ Jesus at Colosse,
Grace to you and peace from God our Father,

We always thank God, the Father of Our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, since we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love you have for all the saints, because of the hope laid up for you in heaven. Of this you have heard before in the word of the truth, the gospel.

As I was finishing reading this Epistle, it reminded me of my citizenship in Heaven. Paul says:

Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. On account of these the wrath of God is coming. In these you too once walked, when you were living in them.

This passage reminded me that a Christian must be dead to earthly desires and alive through heavenly desires. We have been transferred to a new Kingdom, the Kingdom of God. I should be seeking the things above, and remind myself of the heavenly kingdom. I must remember that my citizenship is ultimately in heaven, with the Lord Jesus Christ.


Leave a Reply