Luke 14:25-27
25 Now great crowds accompanied him, and he turned and said to them, 26 n “If anyone comes to me and o does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, p yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple. 27 q Whoever does not r bear his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple.

I read this passage this morning and it reminded me of how radical discipleship must be. It is a call to put Jesus Christ above every human relationship. Christ must be central in all my human interactions. I was also reminded that the Coming of the King will be like in the days of Noah: Everyone was eating, drinking, and marrying; while the flood came and destroyed all the people of the earth. Christ, the exalted resurrected Son of God, must be preeminent in all my doing. What has been distracting me? School, Finances, and the Cares of this world choke the Word so that it makes it unfruitful. Open my eyes to see your Reality. Open my eyes to see that "the Lord is near."


Leave a Reply