I am reading really good books and trying to integrate your mind and heart to God. Many seminary students feel dry in their spiritual life because they view seminary from an academic/professional model rather than a transformational model. THIS IS SO TRUE. Evangelicals do have right orthodoxy in their beliefs, but somehow they have lost how to integrate the heart as well. This is especially true of me, I have all the right doctrines in my head, but my heart says a different thing. I know all the right things, but my heart feels very distant from God. Praise God for these books. I have been praying a little more, and praying for people. But even my prayers seem short and not genuine. The book also emphasize that different traditions, even within catholicism, has some good devotional practices that we should not quickly dismiss. Practices such as : meditation, solitude, fasting, serving, grace of church.


What practices make me feel uncomfortable?
1. The charismatic movement. Maybe I should be more open to it, and see that worship should be in Spirit and truth.
2. Fasting
3. I LOVE SOLITUDE
4. Prayer for long periods of time

I do long for a deeper walk with God. I want to know his presence in my life and walk in the power of the Spirit.


Leave a Reply