Galatians 6:14 "But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."


The cross should permeate and dominate all of my thinking. The cross shows me that I am a sinner and that I need a savior. The cross also shows me that I need to die to the old self, nail the deeds of the flesh to the cross, and life a new resurrected life through Christ. The cross shows me that I cannot boast in my human achievements. There is no room for pride or human merit at the Cross because Christ died for me. I can never boast about what I have accomplished for God, but only what Christ has accomplished through the Cross. Lastly, the cross displays the glory of God because of his excellent love, mercy, holiness was displayed there. "Open my eyes that I may behold wondrous things out of your law." May the cross be constantly be present and saturate my mind.

Campell Morgan says:

"It is the crucified man that can preach the cross....It is the man....who has died with Christ,...that can preach the cross of Christ"


Leave a Reply