This prop 8 stuff is serious. I just watched a video called "not all traditions are worth keeping" that attacked Prop 8. It's main point was that if we are going to keep traditions, we are going to have to keep (1) chastity, obedience (2) Lords having sex virgin (3) Stoning the adulterer found in Leviticus.

I was shocked. First of all, that Leviticus passage has to deal with ancient Israel. Second, the main point of those codes was to illustrate the absolute holiness of God because God dealt with Israel. What about chastity? Isn't it a loss of freedom to wait? I do not think so. It is actually freedom to wait. Those who have given into sex before marriage seem to lose interest in each other after marriage because the excitement is gone. I remember reading something saying how at a honeymoon, some resort had to get as many activities to occupy the newlyweds because they were bored with one another and had premarital sex before marriage. Our culture is infested with wrong ideas. I need to learn how to think about approaching these issues and start calling them out for what they are! False ideas! However, I need to learn how to approach these issues with love.


Leave a Reply