It is really convicting and comforting to listen to Piper preach. The questions are asked: Do you love God because you want him to make much of you? Or do you love God to make much of Him? Is your final joy in yourself? Or is your final joy in God? Is your final resting place in You or God alone? I am so scared sometimes that I can use God to make me the final ends, rather than God. Education, Partner, Church are meant to display the glory of God, not to make much of me. I feel the dangers of pride everytime someone praises me for something, or acknowledges my worth because of my education, or my faithfulness in the local church context. This has always left me empty, because you want more. I remember in the days of my professional career playing paintball, wanting to get my ego rubbed of how good I was. All this left me empty. I had no true friends because people loved my talents can gifts rather than me. Lord, if there is anything hidden in my heart that I have been using you as a means, please remove it from me. Help me see. Give me eyes to see. Open my eyes that I may delight in your greatness. You are Great already and I am the one who is blind. This world is truly blinded and we need you to do a work in our hearts to see Your glory, that is already displayed in all the earth. Both the wicked and the righteous are and will display your glory. You rule the nations. You laugh at the pride of man and you can bring him down at the snap of your finger and your word. Help me see you. Give me spiritual understanding and sight, not to make much of me, but to make much of you. Guard me from the evil one.

In Jesus Name,
Amen


Leave a Reply