The TV show "Kobe Doing Work" inspires thousands of people. What makes these superstars admirable? Their commitment, discipline, hard work, sacrifice, leadership, will, heart, passion. If these superstars do this for worldly pursuits that fade away, how much more should I discipline myself for the kingdom of God that is eternal. We see all these characteristics in our Lord: Leadership by service, hard work, discipline, sacrifice...even to a cross, will, heart.

May I put all my heart and mind and soul into the kingdom, for the purpose of Godliness. Whether theologians, musicians, philosophers, teachers; those who have been set apart from everyone else are those who committed and disciplined themselves to achieve their goal. How much more for the kingdom? How much more for eternal things that last? How can I meet these ends?

  • Intense Scripture reading
  • Passion and Zeal for God
  • Prayer
  • Fasting
  • Giving
  • Reading
  • Loving
  • Serving
  • Solitude
  • Writing
Lord, give me a passion and love for your name.


Leave a Reply