It is amazing to see all the things Paul went through to proclaim the Resurrection of the dead. Falsely accused, shipwrecked, beaten, and slandered just to simply testify to the gospel of the grace of God. Luke also shows Paul constantly repeating his testimony to the hostile crowds. My favorite verse is in Acts 20:24 "I do not consider my life of any account as dear to myself, so that I may finish my course and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify solemnly of the gospel of the grace of God." Paul could connect with many different people because of his relationships. To the Pharisees, he told them that he once was a Pharisee of the strictest sect. To the Romans, he told them that he was a born citizen. All these groups were against him, but he was fulfilling the word of the Lord, "If they hated me, they will also hate you" and "if they persecuted me, they will persecute you." Why do men hate our Lord? He offers forgiveness and eternal life and new life? Men in their pride will refuse to submit to the One who deserves to be worshipped.

How can I apply these readings to my daily life? I believe to realize how important the Resurrection is. Paul wen through all these trials and tribulations to testify about the Resurrection of the righteous and wicked. There will be a Final Day when all things will be brought to light. I can hear Paul saying, "Set your mind on things above, not on things of earth." Open my eyes Lord to see the reality of Your risen life.


Leave a Reply