And after he had dismissed the crowds, he went up on the mountain by himself to pray. When evening came, he was there alone...(Matthew 14:23 ESV)

This past Friday, I had to go on a retreat for my Spiritual Vocation's class. It was one day of withdrawing from the world of internet, school papers, homework, ministry, people, facebook, phones, and work. The purpose of the retreat was to reflect and enjoy God's goodness. The retreat took place at the beautiful Hilltop Renewal Center (http://hilltoprenewal.org) in Idyllwild, CA. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT. It was a beautiful three-story house with wonderful people, BOOKS, and God's beautiful creation. In my room, there was a painting of Jesus washing Peter's feet; which I felt that I was being served by God the whole time there. I got to walk up some trails, sing some praise songs, read a couple books in the library, nap, eat great food, and ENJOY GOD!

Here are some things I am thankful to God for as I was reflecting:

  • God's creation
  • God's majesty
  • Rest in Naps
  • Recreational Reading at the Hilltop Library
  • God's acceptance of me in Christ, for he loved me while I was a sinner and has given me a new identity in Christ
  • Standing in awe of God as the Creator of the stars
  • The Cross
  • God's attributes, especially the fact that he is incomprehensible
  • Him saving me in college
  • Wonderful Church Family
  • God working through my brokenness
  • God delivering me from myself and my idols
  • God always being there for me
  • Providing me with a beautiful godly girlfriend
  • Providing me with the opportunity to study at Talbot
  • Providing me with a home, clothes, and food
  • and many more....
All these undeserved blessings were blood bought for me at Calvary. I love you Lord Jesus. Thank you for letting me enjoy you this Friday. Help me walk in the light and my new identity in you. I love you Lord, help me be faithful because you first loved me. In Jesus Name, Amen.


One Comment

  1. that's a lot of blessings :) God is good ALL THE TIME!

    ReplyDelete