The dangers of seminary and ministry is that you can think you are close to God by doing "Christian things." I have been neglecting prayer and daily study of the Bible because I justify my ministry and a seminary education as means of consecrating to God. I really need to repent and ask for grace to get back into the rhythms of grace again. I had some prayer time tonight, and I said, "Lord, I feel like I haven't talk to you in weeks!" I haven't sat at the feet of Jesus listening because I have been busy serving: youth ministry, sunday school, school, greek, community. Look at all these good things! However, these things crowd out God! I haven't really sat down and waited upon God. I have been doing all these things in my own strength, and that is why I am burning out! God help me! Save me from being a PHARISEE!


The sermon today in chapel was very powerful. Why were the early apostles so effective in preaching and teaching? Acts 6 says that they devoted themselves to prayer and and the Word. The secret of effective apostolic preaching is: LISTENING TO GOD. I need to wait upon the HOLY SPIRIT, and let him lead him. I need to be in this rhythm. Please forgive me Lord, I have neglected you. Bring me back in tune to your will. Help me be in tune by just sitting and listening to you.


Leave a Reply