Listening to Piper sermons are always a blessing. It takes a supernatural work of the Holy Spirit that Christ died not to make much of me, but to make much of God. This goes against our natural instincts because we naturally think that happiness comes from our exaltation, people loving us, people praising us, people affirming us. However, the Bible is a radically God-centered book, where God is the being that needs to be praised, affirmed, exalted, loved. God is so zealous to be made much of that He would crucify his only beloved Son. The Son died so that the Father would be exalted. The Son redeemed that the Father would be made much. The Spirit is given that would help believers make much of the Father. I am blind to this glorious truth, Open my eyes that I behold your wondrous works. Make much of Yourself through Jesus Christ I pray, Amen


Leave a Reply